Old 06-17-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

I don't know about that, everywhere we go and whatever we do nowadays we are subjected to major invasion of privacy. I cannot blame the woman:; I would be absolutely livid too if I spent time helping someone and they payed me back by distrusting me and snooping on me and I would definitely not want that person in my life.
I think you might want to sit and reflect on what possessed you to do that, how you would feel if a sponsee of yours did that and more importantly:
Why did you chose to work closely about sensitive issues with someone you feel a need to run a background check on.
There is really not much you can do now to mend the friendship, maybe down the line you can make some sincere amends to your former sponsor.
This is not the first time you post about making some bad mistakes when it comes to your relationship with close friends...relationship and trust issues might be something that you might want to look into whether with a therapist or during your 4th.
Anyway, next time before you do something pause and think: where are you coming from, why are you doing it and more importantly how would you feel if someone did that to you.

I hope it works out great with the new lady, she sounds really competent