View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
honeypig

Hi, sorcharuane--congratulations on taking the first steps towards your own recovery. I know it's hard, but it's short-term pain for long-term gain. Keep on w/your meetings, meditating, etc. Those are great choices for getting some peace, some understanding of yourself and some happiness.

Do bear in mind that even if he is not drinking right now, 6 days of "sobriety" does not equal any kind of recovery. True recovery is so much more than just taking alcohol out of the equation. It also addresses all the other mental and emotional problems that A's have. It takes time and effort, and it usually takes some sort of program, whether AA or something else. White-knuckling for 6 days means nothing. Please don't let yourself be drawn back into this relationship w/thoughts of "getting to know him sober", tempting as it might seem.

I like this thread, and I hope you do also: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ain-stops.html

Again, I'm so glad that you've started your journey into happiness and freedom. Wishing you strength and clarity.