View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bellanoviella

Originally Posted by allforcnm View Post
I think I would have similar feelings if I got a chance to catch up with an old friend after several months.. correct me if Im wrong, but it doesn’t sound like she allowed you to explain your feelings, or the situation with your BF in detail…it doesn’t sound like there wasnt much listening, sharing, discussion. It was more like she heard drugs, relapse, meetings and immediately started expressing her feeling on addicts which of course were influenced by her own negative experiences.
Yes.. it was more of her not caring to hear any details. And I understand why she has such strong feelings about it, I really do, I just didn't expect that that's all. I expected her to point out the negatives to me, and to watch out for me, but I didn't expect her to only see the one side of it. Even though the percentage of people who get clean and stay clean is low compared to the percentage of active users, there still is a chance he can pull out of this.

I won't stick around if things get bad again. It's not like our whole relationship has been him relapsing time after time after time again. It's something that he battled with for a month, and has so far pulled himself out of (20 days clean).

I have boundaries, and I have actions in place if and when things go bad.

Thank you for your understanding post