View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by GetMeOut View Post
If I can be honest about something here, this topic leaves me feeling a little gloomy because I am one of those recovering alcoholics. The idea that I might never find another woman who would want to give me a chance leaves a big hole in my heart. To be honest, it would be cause for me to not even admit it.
Yes, I feel the same way. Not that I've thought too deeply about it, because it's not on the cards for a while...BUT, I do believe I am a loyal and honest person, so the integrity thing would kill me, and I guess I would have to broach it at some point in a relationship.

That being said, if they weren't an alcoholic, I'd rather get through figuring out if the person was right for me first, which sounds incredibly selfish....but I'm being honest. I don't feel the need to lay out my whole life story unless the relationship had progressed to solid dating/ commitment...I'd rather feel comfortable they were mature and solid enough to at least have that conversation with.

And, if they were a recovering alcoholic, I guess I simply don't know. I'd have to go with my gut feel of their integrity also, and what their life looked like now.

These are all very weird concepts to me though. I actually had a wonderful relationship when my drinking escalated. :/ long story.....but anyways, I just don't even know what dating looks like for me yet.