View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DoubleBarrel

Originally Posted by bellanoviella View Post
Yeah. I know all her points were valid. I guess I just didn't expect her to be so harsh, even though her only experience is with her father.. And I know it's played a huge part in her life. I only wished she realized that not all addiction stories end badly, some people DO come out on top.. I know I shouldn't have said the hurtful things I said to her, I am stubborn, and will eventually apologize. I just thought I'd get more support from a best friend. It shouldn't have had to be asked for. Especially when she knows I've kept this to myself for a reason.
MOST addiction stories play badly. Read up in friends and family and see all the stories of heartache and ruined lives.
Your friend did something admirable, IMHO. She risked pissing you off to express her concern for you in a way that was probably very difficult, regarding some hard learned lessons from her own life.

You can HOPE that your guy is gonna be the one or two percent that get better, but your friend is seeing it with both eyes wide open.

You aren't married, you don't have kids, and yet you are choosing to be in a very difficult life EVEN IF HE STAYS SOBER.

I think you need to examine what you mean by the word support. If all you want is your friend to blow smoke and tell you whatever you are doing is great, well, that's not honest.

I think she sounds like a true friend, who is really speaking out for your self interest.

Most addiction stories are a nightmare, and rarely do they end well.

How old are you, and why don't you desire better for yourself?