Old 06-15-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
ultradad

I have NO DOUBT that I am a real alcoholic...I've tried my entire life to quit and even when things got bad I would always pick back up! I tried AA, NA and even religion with no success. After years of failure I reached out to someone I respected and knew to be sober for many years...he told me to get to AA and actually do what they tell me to do (something I neglected to do the other times) and I did and for the first time in my life I can honestly say that the obsession to drink has been lifted from me. I have no desire to drink and haven't had a drink in over 40 days...a first for me in many, many years!

I now believe that my success at recovery is directly correlated to my willingness to do the work that the AA program suggests. I can't speak for others to the degree or non-degree of their alcoholism, but take it from me, a real alcoholic, AA does and will work if you truly want it to!

A friend once told me that the program of AA is not for those who want it or even those who need it, the program of AA is for those willing to do the work!

Good luck my friend, it is a terrible disease indeed!