View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
nezza

Just an update, partly for me, as a reminder to myself.

It's saturday morning, Day 6/Day 4. All my friends will be hungover from last night, the World Cup's already taking it's toll! After sitting in the pub for the Spain-Holland game without a drink, I had an earlyish night, woke up a bit hazy from the librium but cooked a good solid breakfast, checked my email, and I've already got a job interview coming up.

This time last year there was no chance on God's green earth that I'd have had the wherewithal to type out a good CV (Resumé to you Yanks!), let alone send it anywhere, and even if I did, there's no way I'd have had any motivation to get off my arse and go to the interview. I've got some smart new designer gear that I bought with some money I would have spent on booze, feel like a million dollars in the new clothes, got hip-hop blasting the walls of my house, eating bacon, eggs, and coffee, feeling brand new.

Only loss is that there's a barbecue today that I'm going to have to miss because of the massive amount of free booze. Not too much of a loss, England are playing tonight so I'll see all the boys at the pub, because there's football to be watched and pool to play, but I don't think I could handle being around 50 or 60 people all getting smashed. I've got steak at home anyway :P Besides, if I wanted a pint in that particular pub (I don't!) it'd be the fat end of £4 ($7), money I'd much rather spend on something I DO want to do. I'll just drink my club soda, win some money off drunk pool players, play the slot machine, and watch the game.

Know this is a big old ramble but as I say, I'm writing it for myself as much as anyone. Thanks if you read it!

PS I do NOT support England football team, it'll just be a good game :P I'm an Irishman on the wrong side of the water, and made sure to bet £10 on England to lose every World Cup game just to keep a bit of my roots intact haha