Old 06-13-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Thank you all very much for interesting reply.

I should has say, although my 'spiritual philosophy' now very simple, as like Joseph Campbell: "It not the meaning OF life, it the meaning IS life." I has, in fact, after being raise and reject Catholicism, has read almost all prominent spiritual texts, including Bible, Quran, Vedas, Tao Te Ching, Bhagavad Vita, Tibetan Book of Dead, Confucius, Rumi, and lot of spiritual theoretical physicists like David Bohm. And plus more "out there" stuff. I was seeker for long time, but at end of day, I find self in simple Walt Whitman place, where natural world not really need any kind of man-made spiritual paradigm.

Now, I still think is many great philosophical teachings to be had, and I take many lesson from all those text I read. But I also take lesson from Whitman and Eliot and Oscar Wilde and Anais Nin and you SR peoples, and, well, even my own self and own thoughts.

I think in recovery setting is no real point to debate spirituality. Is has come up for me many time, and while I never shy away from stating I atheist, nor does I usual shy away from good debate, is just that I know spiritual debate not gonna go anywhere productive and most likely gonna lead to tensions.