Old 06-13-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Aellyce

I consider myself agnostic, but I've always been interested in exploring spiritual systems, on and off, since my teens. Out of metaphysical curiosity, really. Never felt the need to stop and commit to any one of these systems or beliefs.

For me, all this has not gotten in the way of my recovery in my short 4.5 months. It would not even be inconsistent with a formal 12-step approach, if I chose to work it in the traditional way. It would be easy for me to conceptualize it for myself if I wanted to... Just read those many threads here on SR where people discuss their HP concepts - I always find those so interesting, so diverse! And I actually have the impression, that on SR in these threads, there are probably more people who do not identify the HP with God or a religious concept. It does not even need to be a subjective esoteric something, I read and hear many people having very practical ideas about it also.

As I said I do not work the steps formally, but I do like a few aspects of the program, and try to apply it for myself. I mostly just discuss these things with people if I happen to go to AA, informally, most often outside of the actual meeting. Not one person only (like a sponsor) but a variety. I like the varied views. Can't you do something similar? I think simply just the moral inventory and making amends part of the program is cool by itself.

This is my current view, more or less.