Old 06-13-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Tiptree

Hey All - in for my 36th sober weekend. For those who are new here and struggling I want you to know that you can reach a point in your sobriety where weekends feel normal again without alcohol. You will find a new normal, new habits, hopefully new interests ( or old interests rekindled) that you will look forward to and that will make the time fly by. This won't happen overnight, and there will be ups and downs, but you will find your own equilibrium and be grateful for your freedom. Give it time, do whatever you have to do, just don't drink. Lots of people here to help you.

Took my first yoga class, should say I survived my first yoga class, barely. If not for the 90 year old next to me I might have quit half way through. This was a big wake-up call, thought I was in pretty good shape walking and biking. I committed to 10 more classes. Figured I'd better use it or lose it ( too many years sitting on my arse behind a computer and behind a bottle).

Raining here, watching the killing on netflix ( weather suitably somber for this series).

Happy sober weekend!