Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Happy weekend everyone!

Going to get some work done today and enjoy the World Cup! Mexico plays this morning, Spain vs. Netherlands this afternoon! And the Aussies play this evening (at least, here in the States)...what a great way to kick off the weekend. England vs. Italy tomorrow is the big draw. What a match! I know you Brits are freaking out. And Costa Rica plays this weekend, go Ticos!

I'll spend the rest of the weekend working on my side business and preparing for my trip to Central America which is coming up in 2 weeks. I've been slowly taking care of 1 or 2 "small things" each day, making sure things are all set for my long absence from Chicago.

Plus: a local yoga teacher asked me out for coffee this weekend...yeeps! Dare I go out and meet a woman for coffee? I am going to be leaving for a month in just 2 weeks. I suppose I should still go - what's the harm in making a new neighborhood friend? I am hesitant for another silly reason: I am growing a scruffy beard so that I can "rough it" in Central America, I am feeling my wild side! I don't want to come off as a "slob" on a coffee date - but I don't want to shave because growing this "travel beard" is a tradition and a labor of love! What to do????