View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Serper2014

Originally Posted by Cascabel View Post
Is being informed about your drinking something she needs to know or is it something that you need to tell her. I think you should be clear about your motives here; you should not burden someone else with your baggage. And, what will you do if her response is not what you hope it to be? In my opinion, there are many possible outcomes from this meeting, few of them good. Can you postpone until you have a few months of sobriety under your belt?
I haven't spoken with her in a few months. I don't know how she feels about me, or our breakup. There are many little things that happened in our relationship that may not have made sense to her. Like when I didn't show up to a thanksgiving dinner because I was in the hospital for "food poisoning" (Drank too much). I don't know how much she cares about this stuff. There's no way to know until tomorrow. I do think that I will feel better if I get it off my chest. We have a work related event next week, so I will be seeing her in a professional setting which was going to be awkward, but we decided that it would be ok to meet up before hand so we can act professional. I thought this would be a good opportunity to let the skeletons out of my closet. I don't think I can postpone a few months. She is likely to have moved out of my city by that point anyway. So it would be near impossible to meet. What would be the benefit of postponing it? I'm an extremely talented speaker. I'm not going to be going off on her on a big emotional rant and upsetting her. I know exactly what I'm going to say and how I'm going to say it. I'm grateful that she is even willing to meet up, so I wont say anything hurtful to her.