View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Serper2014

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I would say take your time on this one. Getting sober is one thing, worrying about relationships is a whole different level of things you may not want to even consider at this point. Making amends is a formal part of 12 step programs, but it can be part of any sobriety plan if you choose. Again, you need to give things time - you are literally less than 72 hours out from getting so drunk that you posted that you wanted to strangle this same person you are meeting tomorrow. I understand you didn't mean that literally, but put everything in perspective - you need to work on your own sobriety first and foremost. And that takes time.

Thanks for your response. This is my first time getting sober, and it will be my only time getting sober. Like I said I've discontinued in the past, but this time. I quit. There's no point in waiting around and not doing things differently this time. I forgot all about that previous post. I'm quitting smoking as well. So I'm 72 hours without a cigarette. I'm having really no withdrawal issues from drinking, but I'm like in a car going 80 miles per hour with the no smoking. So yes, I've been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster. You said focus on your own sobriety first and foremost. That is what I'm doing. I feel like If I come clean with her I'll have peace. She doesn't have the slightest clue that I had a drinking problem. I just feel like if I come clean with her, then I've come clean with everybody. It's not so much the act of her knowing, it's the act of me getting to say it to someone close to me, who has no idea. She's the last person left to do this with. I appreciate your advice, but I can't take my time.
I have to hit this with everything I've got. Anything I can do to keep myself sober. If I sit around and not try to reconcile relationships then I'm going to be sitting at home, alone, drinking. I'm an alone drinker.