View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kirsten8911

I'm lost and don't know what to do.

My husband and I have been married for almost 4 years, and we have a one-year-old son and a three-year-old son. I have feared that my husband has been addicted to prescribed narcotics for over 2 years, but then in February of this year, I found out that not only is he addicted to Oxycodone, he started using heroin months before. Since February, he has been in rehab twice but just doesn't seem to get it. I know that addicts have to figure it out in their own time and be ready and willing on their own, but I am so confused about what I should do through all of this. I am a stay at home mom with no job and two little boys. My husband works for his dad, who is continuing to deposit my husband's paychecks just to support me, so I know I am incredibly blessed right now. But I don't know if I should divorce my husband, or file for legal separation, or stay with him....if I stay, do I let him live at home, or do I make him live in a halfway house? My dad and my husbands dad are currently taking turns "babysitting" him so that he can't use and has to be clean, but I know that won't actually change him. Our dads are trying to save our marriage, but I just don't know what the right thing to do is. I have this hope that he will change and live clean and sober and be the father and husband that he should be, but I refuse to keep my sons in this situation and raise them around a drug addict...Has anyone been in a similar situation? What do you do as a mother with young children?