Old 06-08-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dan1888 View Post
I hadnt drank for 2 months but if I am being totally honest I was getting very bored with sobriety. I didnt want to deny myself the companionship and fun of going to the bar with my friends and getting drunk with them.

It of course led to me getting very drunk and later in the night I told my neighbours I was going to kill their dog if it kept barking (it had been annoying me by barking a lot in previous weeks but in my sobriety i chose to say nothing) and verbally abused another neighbour up the road. God knows what they think of me now, probably wont speak to me now.

Anyway sitting here feeling low with hot sweats and anxiety. I shouldnt have drank but sobriety can be so boring times. Im sorry walking, reading, ect just isnt the same as drinking with friends, drinking is probably my favourite thing to do but the consequences can be horrendous.

I just have to accept my life will be more boring without drink, I will be more boring without drink....im sorry but no activity can replace the buzz I get form drinking that is the harsh reality of things.

but i dont want to drink again so I have to accept it.
When I stopped drinking I didn't change anything else...so I sat around the house.

That was fine for a drunk guy but really boring for someone getting sober.

If your idea of fun is drinking in a bar with your mates you need to widen your definition a little bit Dan or you'll always feel that sense of missing out.

My life is not boring. I do a lot of things I never would have thought of when I was drinking.

I honestly never have time to be bored anymore.

Try thinking of things you used to do, or want to do that don't involve propping up a bar.
no activity can replace the buzz I get form drinking that is the harsh reality of things.
How do you know if you haven't really tried yet?

Life's what you make it Dan. If it's boring? it's up to you to change it

D