Thread: New here..
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Anewbeginning

Hi Katie. I don't know where to begin with this, but just reading your post made me realize how much in common I have with you. I'm 26, married since 21, no children and also a student. Ive neglected the first week of summer school due to a crazy binge I went on. I basically went MIA and I chose to do a lot of stupid things because I was drunk.

My husband and I were always drinking when we first got together at the age of 18. At one point I told him I couldn't be with him any longer if the daily drinking continued. He continued it for a long while or so, then started changing his life for the better. I would always drink with him back then but I feel like it wasn't a necessity. Now I feel like I need alcohol to cope. And not only does that scare me, but the awful and wreckless descisions I make under the influence are risky.

Im so happy that he was able to quit but... How ironic that 7 years later and I'm the one with the problem. I think it just spun out of control. Wine is also my drink of choice but lets be honest here, I will drink anything and be satisfied as long as it contains alcohol.

I'm on day two. I made a lot of horrific decisions this past week and I'm just trying to pick up the pieces.

I just want to give you a hug because I feel like I can strongly relate to how you are feeling.