Thread: New here..
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SoberHoopsFan

Originally Posted by katiemay01 View Post
Thank you all so much for your kind words, it really means a lot and left me to reflect on things, and a few new things I need to think about.

I used to binge drink every weekend for 2 years, and the hangovers actually cured me from drinking for about 6 months. Now I guess I've moved onto heavy drinking daily, and it's almost scarier that I'm not waking up with a hangover, if that makes sense.

My husband actually suggested to quit school until I figure out what I want to do, so we aren't wasting a lot of money. If I quit now we'll only owe a little over $1000. I just worry if I do decide to go for a Bachelors in biology, how I will ever pay it off.

I know figuring these things out will be my first step in helping me deal with my problems, but I feel like I don't have the tools to solve them.

I have a lot of thinking to do, and thank you all so much for helping me along the way.
I started as a binge drinker too on Fridays and Saturdays, but eventually the binges began to go 5-6 days while consuming ungodly amounts. My condition got a lot worse from age 25 to 33. Sounds like you are doing the right thing trying to get a handle on this now. As many of the members here can tell you, it only gets worse unfortunately.