Thread: New here..
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Gilmer

Hi, KatieMay!

There is NOTHING WRONG with wanting to devote your entire life to taking care of a husband and home and raising children. If you cannot truly afford school now, perhaps this is God's way of steering you in that direction, especially if it is your heart's desire.

I dropped out of college when I was 19. I felt inferior all my life for not getting my degree--but I was never sure what I wanted to study, anyway. I stayed at home, we paid off my husband's student loan, and I raised my kids for many years, taking an occasional college class here and there to give my brain something to grab onto.

Eventually I became content with myself as a valuable human entity, and stopped caring about whether I ever ended up graduating from college.

Within a couple of years, my husband suggested I go back for my bachelors. We were in a much better position to afford it, and my mind was in a much more together place than it ever was when I was young! I graduated last August with a degree in religion, which suits me better than my two previous majors, English and electrical engineering, ever did.

Get your sobriety together and share your thoughts and dreams with your husband, all of them. Everything happens in its good time.

God bless you.