Thread: New here..
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 12:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Hello, katiemay01! It's good to have you with us. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Where to begin? Well, I was a late bloomer. Most of the kids in my school were partying and getting wasted starting in junior high. I was a serious kid, studious, honor roll, etc etc. Never interested in drinking or partying until after HS graduation. But then I went a bit wild. My first drink was at 18 but looking back I see now that I had a blossoming drinking problem already by 19 or 20. By the time I got married at 23 I was already a daily drinker and a binge drinker.

I don't know what you should do about school. I quit college after 2 years but went back when I was in my early 40's. Now at age 45 I'm about to graduate with a bachelor's in business administration. For me college is something I owe to myself. But if you don't really know what you want to do maybe you could take a break from school? No sense making an expensive mistake. Of course, it's one thing to plan to go back and another to do it. It took me 20 years to start again!

But the drinking is an easier decision. Just quit! There's virtually no downsides or negative consequences to not getting drunk. But as you're learning drinking has lots of negatives.

You'll find lots of support here, katiemay01-no matter what you decide to do.