View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
DURF

Originally Posted by EJ43 View Post
Oh Durf! What a long struggle!!! I didn't struggle with meds, it's the booze that got me. I would make sure you are in close contact with your doc, especially since your heart attack history. I am glad you have your wife. She sounds wonderful. I hope you find support here that you need, it's a great place!
It seems more people "were" hooked on alcohol than prescription meds or dope. Alcohol is a mean drug and one that can be very dangerous. My kid brother suffers from alcoholism and is in his last month of a 90 day stent in rehab. What I don't understand is why they didn't wean him off of methadone at the same time. See not only did he abuse alcohol, he also abused heroin, but hasn't used it in years. (according to him) I think if he went thru a 90 day program, he should come out clean and sober from all substances. Then again he does has the potential to relapse back like he's done so many times before. Abuse is a bitch and so hard not to think about it. It's a life time fight that needs a strong constitution to avoid. Alcohol is everywhere you go or see. From TV ad's, to going out to dinner. I gave up drinking over 12 years ago and never looked back. I do NOT miss it at all, but a cold glass of beer sure looks good, but just the thought of the taste makes me sick!!!!!

And yes "EJ43" I found my life's partner in high school in 1973, we were married in 1975, she was 19 and I had just turned 20. We've been thru it all together and I can never imagine my life without her!!!!

Thanks for the kind words!!
Durf