View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
mejo

Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
So his "steps" dictate when he is or is not ready to actually apologize and make amends? I don't understand that logic.

You do no have to work any steps to apologize and be sincere about all the wrong you have committed (the alcoholic) I say this from person experience. It is human nature to know when you are wrong. This is just another way an alcoholic is being selfish IMO.

Sorry, I do not mean to come across as mean. I just think back at all the things I did to my family while drinking (more so didn't do)and cannot imagine not genuinely apologizing.

I understand the 12 steps (to those who practice AA) are needed for a full recovery, but sometimes you have to look past that and do what other people do...ya know...accept the wrong you have done and apologize (words and actions) I put my wife thru hell for years (as well as other alcoholics did to their families) so now they have to way even LONGER...until the ALCOHOLIC "feels ready?" idk...I think it is kind of selfish.
I agree with everything you said, whole heartedly. I wish every RA thought like you do. Awesome to hear, and thank you.