View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
matt634

Originally Posted by Sobertaurus View Post
I commit to sobriety this weekend! It will be my first one. I think we're mostly working this weekend, gardening, etc.

I never drank mojitos when I drank...too sweet and not strong enough for me. So, perhaps I can make a homemade sweet mint drink on ice since I don't associate it with the bad stuff. Might be good while gardening. . .
Working on my first sober weekend after 60 drunk lost ones. Been to my first aa meetings ever and they have helped to hold me close to sanity and sober. This will be the first sunday morning in a long time that I'll remember Saturday and not regret it and wonder why my wallet is half empty. Just found sr last week so thanks to everyone here who has encouraged me and advised me. You along with the meetings has made this sober weekend possible. I just pray for strength to stay quit. I've tried this so may times only to relapse and give up. But this time its quit or die from the drink or suicide. The party's been over for a long time and has been replaced with shame slavery and extremely intense blackouts and days of darkness and misery. Pray for me to win this because its do or die.