View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
overwhelmd

Originally Posted by izzy8 View Post
Good morning everyone!

You guys are such an inspirational bunch of fools! I'm signing our family up at the gym today for the summer. That's always been my best way to get in shape and feel like I'm taking care of myself. It's also an early Father's Day gift for my husb bc he has really been trying to get in shape.

Then- I'll be off to buy dirt... And flowers... Can't wait!

I'm learning that I've got to put some legs under the idea of "really living my life so I don't fall back into the rut of the pseudo excitement of wine at nite". So, have been doing lots of thinking and planning regarding what that looks like ... For me... And how to get there.

A little trick I learned a while back... Wanted to share as it always helps get me out of a mental rut:

Imagine what you really want. No "holds bar". In fact, imagine that you have a magic wand that you can wave over your current situation to make it exactly what you would like- really like.

Got it?

Write that down- in detail. Remember- magic made it happen, so you don't need to worry about limitations.

Have you written it down, in detail?

Next, think of one, small thing that you can so today to move you just one step closer to that magic.

Got it?

I hope everyone takes at least one step closer to their dreams today. I know that I let life wear me out. I quit dreaming. But when we quit dreaming, we start dying.

Let's be dreamin' fools...
That is lovely Izzy. Thank you so much for your wisdom!