View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by matt634 View Post
After 60 weekends of binge drinking I'm geared up for a clean sober one this weekend. Apart of me wants to go for just one more and quit next weekend, but the other part of me see's the suffering and problems that have resulted from my drinking. It's Thursday and I'm already hearing the compromising in my head that goes something like this : Well it's alright to drink and unwind on the weekend, it's been a tough stressful week. You've worked hard this week you deserve a" a few cold ones", which never ends with a few. At least you're at home and not out running around with the " wrong crowd". Hey it's only beer at least you're not drinking hard whisky. Hey you'll control it better this weekend and not drink as much. And on and on it goes. Like I said it starts every Thursday and I always give in. Monday through Wednesday I'm a jerk at work and home withdrawing and drying out. But around Thursday I'm feeling better and starting to agree with my lying AV. Hopefully this will be the weekend the AV gets the boot , because I know this the best way. I've got to do this or it's going to eventually kill me.
I get what you are saying, I really do my friend been there but sadly tomorrow never comes.
Good luck buddy.