View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Mrsbee

Well, my interview went extremely well....I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I thought my last interview went well and then I didn't get the job. As a side note, I didn't mention this before but the only reason I know I didn't get it is because the position isn't listed as open anymore on their website. Yes, that's right....nobody ever had the decency to tell me, despite the fact that I requested feedback from my interview twice in the weeks that passed afterwards. The recruiter kept telling me he didn't know. And maybe he didn't get feedback from the hiring manager, but that's just bad business for me to have to find out on my own that the position was filled. No phone call, email, or even a rejection letter or anything!

Anyways end that rant. Today at my interview, I really felt confident. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to management in retail as I did it for six years. So I was able to chat with the hiring manager about payroll, training and coaching, business acumen, sales levers, annual volume, merchandising, etc. at the same time, it way very easy-going in the sense that there were no awkward pauses or moments where I felt at all nervous. There was a role-playing portion which I think went well, too. The interview lasted over an hour, since myself and the hiring manager found ourselves chatting away about retail about a million times. So man, I'm REALLY hoping this works out! I've been unemployed since December and actively applying and interviewing since March. I know people have gone longer without finding work, but my student loan payments start in July, and right now with only my husband's income, we are stretched very thin. Paying bills is a constant worry, and we have had to borrow from family members more than once because until recently, we were BOTH unemployed. Now we are both sober, hubs has a job, and now if I can get one, that will alleviate some serious stress.

I don't know how many of you watch Shameless (American version, not UK) but I always think of the character Fiona when she says, "I just want normal people problems" and goes on a rant about only having to worry about what a catty friend said, or looking fat in a dress, etc. I totally feel like that sometimes. I don't want for much in life at all...I don't need expensive clothes, lavish vacations, or a busy social agenda. I just want to pay my bills, eat every day, and be able to go to the doctor with decent insurance...and even those basics are a struggle.

Anyway, I was told I would hear about the job by or on Friday, so I will be praying and practicing positive thinking! Xoxoxo