Old 05-27-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sasha4

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post

There was a first everything. First airport by myself, first hotel room, first vacation poolside, first bbq. I had all the same fears.

What I didn't anticipate was all the upside. No more watching the clock until the afternoon school stuff was over, no more waiting for playdates to end because I wanted to be responsible, no more walking down to a kitchen that looked like a bomb hit it the morning after a party, no more finding brownie mix with a spoon in it on an end table in the morning (ok, that still happens), no more calling the husband in the am trying to feel out if I did anything I would be embarrassed about, no more dragging bottles out for the recycling guy on Thursdays after husband left for work, no more cleaning ladies asking me what I wanted to do with the huge jug of Absolut sitting in the middle of the cleaning supplies (oh, I use that to clean windows….), no more Christmas Eves trying to wrap gifts with one eye open….h

Me too, me too, me too!!!!!!
Over here.
I did that.

I totally get you!

No more wretching changing nappies or emptying potty's.
No more praying my child might have a 2 hour nap, so I could sleep too as I felt so grim.
No more wanting to die in soft play due to kids screaming and my head hurting.
And not forgetting the insanity of when the day is over and the little on is in bed, thinking to myself, I got through it, I deserve a drink!! Straight back to where I was!
Absolute madness that only we understand and can laugh about now.

We should compile a list!