View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fandy

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma View Post
KTF, My prayers are always there for you.

Fandy, Ten years ain't nothin'! I don't know about you, but for many of us this is not a linear journey. I believe Albert Einstein would have done well to spend his years studying how those of us involved with addiction have learned how to bend time and space.
10 years is a big chunk of MY life....I decided that I had enough after 6 years, I had the rest of MY life to live and my daughter...and it took me 3 years to get a divorce and divide the property...I never regretted EVER leaving and I did not miss the stupid craziness, wasteful garbage and controlling anger....it took quite a while to get over it...
Now he is dead 4 years, I think that he died of stupidity and his addiction...but the addiction is the gift that keeps on giving....I still have issues and so does my 33 year old daughter.

I have been sober about 3 years...my daughter not so much. I got out from him in 1987, snork.
sorry, but I just think we all have to put self-preservation and that of the kids first...Best of luck keeping it all together cos he sure isn't doing it.

I hope that AA works for him and he decides to get sober, it seems that you want to take the ride.