View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mango blast

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I just noticed that you joined here almost 10 years ago, WOW!!! that is a long time to live with this kind of person. Your son wasn't even born yet?

I hope that you have the strength to get yourself and your child to a better life than this constant terrible worry and turmoil...You deserve better.
Fandy, we all have the right to take our own paths. I don't need to know all the answers right now, and I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago, or even 10 days ago. One day at a time is fine by me. It took me a long time to start working the steps, but they do work.

We've been married for 27 years, have been through the death of our first child and have four more wonderful children. Our oldest son is married, our daughter is married, another son graduated high school a year ago, and the seven year old -- plus one grandbaby.

Since he went to rehab in December, and even more so since he got out, we've both been learning a lot. With each of the relapses there's been more to learn. More will be revealed. It's not on any given time frame. It's not my place to tell his story, of which he's barely starting to understand. When we fall down and struggle to get back up, we continue to learn more.