Old 05-21-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Shining~Again

Originally Posted by purechaos View Post
The thing for me is I have chronic pain... and although I have tried just about everything else my doc can think of for relief nothing ever works like the pain meds... I fear that once my sure fire reason to stay clean is gone I will struggle. In the end I was a functioning addict (I am sure a lot of people say that) But with my pain issues I am a better person/mother/wife/friend/etc when I am not laid up in pain. Hopefully by the end of the year I can have a surgery to try repair some of my damage.
This.
So true - yes, the pills work. No doubt and for people in chronic pain they are like a gift from a angel.
I, at this point, can only say that your normal pain receptors come back after yer off the narcotics for some time. They really do. All the drugs (OTC) that didn't work before, work later...with time.

I feel I just got a break from the pain in my back. I try, in moments like every frigging day, to remember it wasn't all "just fine". It wasn't all me managing to be a good mom who worked her buttisimo off on the yard and barn. Sometimes I DO look back and think "I was a better person". When my normal sensible self comes around (very quick too, thank ya Jesus!), I think "I just need to keep adjusting from the "miracle drug".

(((big hugs to all in thread))))

btw - I'm one of the ones that really can't give much support on opiates cause ..yeah, I'm in pain...and I'm pretty much still in protection mode. Can't handle too much of the Sub Abuse Forum. Ya know?
So bless yer heart for still coming back FT...and all you gals/guys for sticking around for everyone and good Lord...MamaHawk? I don't know how you even manage to do it. I couldn't even post here whilst in my W/D's. You really are wonderful. xox