Old 05-21-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
FT

SNOW: You're following the exact pattern that I did right before I went cold turkey. After "tapering" for months, I always blew through my last week of pills in one day because, hell, if I am really quitting, I'm going to have one final party! Except the party never lived up to what I hoped it would be.

But then, I didn't have a big stash to fall back on when reality hit, and I was even MORE dope sick than I would have been had I actually been tapering.

In my last go at it, I did just like you're doing, but with no stash and no "extra" doctors I could call (I'd run myself out early even though I had 4 doctors all prescribing for me at once, none of them knowing about the other). I really WAS out of pills. For me, I never hit the street, so that was how I ended up going cold turkey.

BTW, for several months, I had my husband convinced I had been tapering. Lordy was he shocked when I got so dope sick I couldn't even move. After a week of lying to him that I had the flu, I had no choice but to tell him what I'd really been doing.

I know you are not asking for advice, but here it is anyway. For me, five days off to be dope sick wasn't going to happen. I'd lied my way all the way to total dopesickness, and I had no further ways out. I work at home, so I thought I could do that. NOT. I could not do ANYTHING for a week, and the second week I was back to working at home in my pajamas.

I think it was Doggonecarl somewhere above here that warned about repeated relapses making the withdrawals worse each time. So true. I'd "tapered" and withdrawn so many times over so many months, I put myself in a real pickle.

I hope you are the exception and five days will work for you. But I think you are in for a shock. I hope I am wrong. I really do. As I keep saying, I want this to work for you. I, and many others here, know exactly how you feel.