View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Notimetoloose View Post
I am interested in hearing what your thoughts are on alcohol advertising.

Alcohol advertising is banned in many countries and here in Australia it is highly regulated and comes with *.

Tobacco advertising is banned here and can not be seen in any display form at all. Along with quit smoking campaigns we have a hugely significant reduction in new smokers and quitters.

Alcohol now comes in amazing bottles and pretty colours and can be seen in all forms of displays from sipping a glass of wine while taking a cruise to drinking a beer at a BBQ.

If you are to believe the different pitches you are promised much and it is guaranteed to contribute to your dream realizations, ideal lifestyles, social standing whether you are adolecent, a hard working man, a retiree, etc, etc.
Along with product placement, alcohol can be seen everywhere for things that we normally don't associate with drinking.
The marketing budget on many alcoholic product is extraordinary.

Should large alcohol manufactures contribute to the straining health system treating alcoholism and or alcohol related illnesses.

Hi, I don't think advertising changes peoples mind or makes them do anything that they wouldn't do anyway, yes maybe it should be on tv later in the evening but showing me a bottle of beer or a packet of ciggies would not make me want either.