Old 05-20-2014, 12:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
aw58

I have also tried in the last three years to give up, did 8 months and I had a drink because I thought I was missing out on the Christmas festivities. It then took hold again, so now Its to stop completely, yes I dread the thought but the wasted days the wasted money and Im wasting my life away. I am on day 13 and the thoughts are getting less, they just pop into your head and I just tell them to go away but I do swear at the thoughts . Its a battle between me and my thoughts. Im turning my thoughts around, yesterday I was on the bus and I passed one of our fave pubs and I thought , I cant go in their any more as I cant have a drink, oh why cant I be NORMAL . then i thought hold on of course i can go in their i can have a refreshing orange jiuce topped up with soda .. Its getting easier, my thoughts arent as bad now. Im now working on my confidence my ability to laugh without a drink inside me. Im leaning to recognize my triggers. I have done this many times been at this place , but this time I am determined to stay at this place and I will not let my mind trick me again into thinking I can control the alcohol because I cant and I have to be on guard so my thoughts do not take over ..