Thread: my aa problem
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
desypete

just to clear one thing up
my hp is aa not a group or a single person as was suggested

infact i never ever thought i would be typing this sort of thing about a hp as i never ever thought i would have one

but its true aa is my hp i base it on evidence i can see feel and touch

i can see aa works as all i did was go to meetings night and day and poured my heart out over the table and found a release inside me. my kids were in care when i first came around so my life was full of guilt and shame and fear that i will never have them in my life again a tall order to try to stay sober on
but aa give me that release and the members were always great with me they built me up and gave me so many things to try out when i was alone on my own they shown me so many practical things
i could go on and on about what aa gave me
but the point is this is happening everyday somewhere around the world in an aa meeting people are giving this kind of love for free and there expertize is free they dont want you money to help you which gets my vote
i see people change now in meetings as i have had the good fortune to watch them grow from when they first came in and that futher proves to me that aa is the vital key

i can feel something in an aa meeting that i can not feel anywhere else i can not explain it other than a warm peaceful type of feeling but i can feel it

so for me and its only for me aa is the key
so if someone wants to quote me a big book quote then remember where the big book came from, as it came from aa

if someone want to tell me god created aa or made bill w and dr bob meet well prove it and if you can not prove it to me then please dont make a comment as silly as that would be my reply

see for me and again its only for me this i can not believe in a god like i can with aa

the way i see it now after losing my son is this
i have alcoholism i need aa and the way of life to help me get better
aa can not cure cancer, it can cure drug addicts it can not do a lot of things it can only deal with alcoholics and more importantly there alcoholism

god can not cure cancer or cure anything and is not a loving thing either as people can not have it both ways here would a loving parent sit back and let there son die if they could save him ?
what sort of a loving being can sit and watch kids die in 3rd world country's if they have this power to remove things ? so you see with this sort of evidence around and more so after my own son had to suffer like he did i just think its a pile of fairy tales and wishful thinks on people
but thats not to say it doesnt work for people having a belief in god as cleary it does for some but sadly some think its all aa is about and its not aa is much much more hence i proudly say i am happy to know i dont have to believe in god to go to aa or be apart of aa