View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BoxinRotz

asm, I read your very first post you posted here and you know what? When I read that you let him back in and he threw his feet up and cracked a beer, I wanted to secretly shake the hell out of you and say, Wake up Girlfriend!!!

You know what? He is turning on the charm til you give in and say, Sure babe, come back! and the cycle starts all over? I mean, wht the hell should he change when you just left him back in? He's not going to because he knows if he turns the charm on, it's only a matter of time til he turns into an alcoholic a$$hole because the kids are being kids, you're upset because he doesn't respect you and he's mad because you're cutting into his drinking time.

I promise you if you stick to your guns, you will see the same drunk you refuse back into your life. Alcoholism is progressive and my husband played the game of, one drink won't hurt and this bottle will be different and it can't be played like that. That is their wishful thinking. They need help. Professional help and you know what? They have to want it for themselves and no one else for it to work.

I urge you to stay the course and give yourself a year on your own. Heal from this man and the chaos he has stricken upon you and your family. You will find yourself again and I'd lay money down that you will fall in love with yourself and respect yourself and want more for yourself by letting that man take care of himself, even if he doesn't. You will find yourself. Your girls will also grow into more beautiful flowers by getting away from the poison of alcoholism.