View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Cahabr

Originally Posted by Paddler View Post
Good for you and good on your wife. Great to have a teammate and that support. Free drinks... from 4-9. Good lordy...

I was offered a free $35 ticket to a rib, bar b q, all you can drink microbrew festival tomorrow. It was super tempting. I even thought about going just to hang out. Even thought about offering to be the DD.

Then decided to just hang out with the family. Stay strong and way to go!
Great job on turning that down. I don't think I could hang out at a festival like that and not drink for long.

I made it through the night! We actually did stop by the party for about an hour. My boss was there so I had to make an appearance. I gave my drink ticket to my wife and I had to turn down other people trying to give me drink tickets when they noticed I didn't have a drink in my hand. There was a fashion show and concert going on at the same time so I just diverted my attention to that while I was there. I was pretty anti-social which kind of sucks but I had to be so I could make it through. I don't want to put myself in that kind of environment often. I feel great today though, first time ever at a conference and not hungover on day 2! Today is the start of day 7, I've almost made it a week