View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriatea

Hi Soberella. I am not sure if you like camping or are into alternative culture but the Rainbow Family of Living Light gatherings might be a nice place to chill for a few months or even weeks and take a vacation (assuming you can do that right now). The gatherings exclude alcohol and are free--you just a need a belly button to gain entry : ) Food is shared collectively, donations are accepted in the magic hat but no one is ever turned away. People often share rides to get there. Some people live year round on the road. The national gathering is happening this July somewhere in Utah or NV, we won't know until June. But there are gatherings happening now all way up until then. Go to welcomehome.org for more info about the family in general and I like the group "2014 Nevada Utah Annual Rainbow Gathering" on facebook for updates on where gatherings are happening and a connection to people in the know.
I plan on going to the national this year if I can--I think it will be a nice place to get away and find some healing in nature with kind and enlightened people and celebration in my new sobriety. I will likely stay with Yoga camp again--daily yoga, meditation, reiki you name it. And did I mention its all free! Good luck.