View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DefconOne

Feel your pain(s). Only some 70 days sober and taking it 1 day at a time. Procrastination used to work against me, now I use it daily to stop drinking. I tell myself wait one more day to start drinking again. You can really tie one on tomorrow if you like I think. Each day I do the same thing, perpetually avoiding my next drunk one day at a time. I used to do the exact opposite, telling myself to drink today and get sober tomorrow..LOL. When I go to bed sober, and sleep well, not waking with dry mouth and a hankering for a gallon of water, without a pounding in my head, with a memory of what I did the night before...I think hey, I will try this again today. So on and so forth. Thinking one day at a time, and knowing its not worth it (costs > benefits) are still the two best ways for ME to avoid drinking. Also sharing with other drunks my love for drinking and its bad effects helps as well. Personally, the higher power thing is important in my life but the association to it and drinking cessation is tenuous IMHO.