View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 08:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ahcb

Dear Lost,

First I am sorry for the garbage you have been put through. You are a better man than I, for if my wife was a public figure, who depended on her image, I would use that as a bargining chip. I would ask that she be very fair in any and all proceedings or someone, as the old saying goes, "may drop a dime". It is not to her benifit that her drinking become public as a result of it getting out. I would make sure she understands that it gettiong out is a REAL possibility, But thats just me.

The other thing is that while I can sense your frustration over the treatment, you being innocent is quite uncommon. In Mass we also have a rule that the husband is automatically pulled out and arrested. I am sure that some innocent folks get nabbed, but they are in the minority. It is a draconian way of thought that it must always be the husbands fault, but in domestic situations it is safer for all concerned that they seperate. For far far to long it was accepted as "ok" if a husband may have smacked his wife. It was a "family issue". The reult is a lot of woman got hurt or killed.

Now it has swung over to the other extreme, but of the two it is the safer one.