View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 07:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LostDream

It isn't just my pain...

I write this not only for myself, but for the thousands who sit in jail daily because of issues like this.
Hundreds of men behind bars, because of drunk and abusive women who have lied; who have the courts clogged and back up trying cases such as these that should have never come to trial in the first place.

This is not just for me, but the many who have no help and are not able to express themselve so eloquently.

And I do understand about the female situations, and believe abuse is wrong whomever the perpetrator. But Washington has swung too far too the left in its protection of battered women in that any incident calling itself domestic is automatically assumed it was the male. And that is only indicitive of this state. NO where else. California isn't like this. Their laws are equal. If there's a dispute everyone will go to jail if they can't determine who was at fault... and that's as it should be and that is what I am pushing for here.

Oh, don't think this just anger. It is not. I have let it go. I had sixty three days to get all this together and it ain't just for me. I want to help the others still locked up and make this mess stop for good. I want to swing that gavel back to where it is supposed to be.

There are hundreds of agencies to take care of women when domestic issues arise but not one for men. Why is that? Do we not count in this? Is it impossible to comprehend that women are violent as well as men and that they can inflict harm physically as well as emotionally?

There has got to be some equalization in Washington State and I planned on bringing it. It has nothing to do with anger... some maybe, but it's still not only for me... and it has given me another cause to fight for.