View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
chicory

My question is….. Even though every case of addiciton is different in ways, what is the likliness of another relapse to happen to someone that really doesn't want to do the drug? Is constant relapse imminent? Share stories. Give advice. I want to gain more thoughts upon .. for MY life, if it's possible to have a life with my best friend. Does relapse stop? How long typically is recovery for stories that this relates to? I could ask him. I just want outside info also!
First of all, Welcome to SR. If you are looking for help with dealing with an addict, this is the place.

Your friend is an addict, you understand that. He has not really been in recovery yet, in my opinion. It isn't considered a relapse if he has not been clean and working a recovery plan. And that would be more than him simply going a week of not using...recovery takes professional help and time.

It sounds like he isn't really ready to give it up. When he is, he will seek help, professional help, or some sort of recovery group.

Heroin is a terrible drug. He may get very bad before he gives it up. you might want to read all about heroin, and what it does. If your happiness is important to you... YOUR happiness, you want to understand what you are dealing with.

Your love isn't able to cure him. You can read the 'stickies' at the beginning of this forum you posted on.. Family and Friends of substance abusers... and read some of the postings of those dealing with heroin addicts. It will help you to see the other side of this, I think.

Heroin kills people. and changes who they are.

Protect your money, and belongings, because addicts will steal to get their fix. they get very sick without it, and will not stop at stealing to relieve their misery temporarily.

please, if you really want advice, read the stories of others here. it may help you .
best wishes,
chicory