View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
karate

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Karate, the process of meditation is to train your mind to quiet your thoughts. The simplest form of meditation is to focus on your breath. Take a deep breath in through your nose, follow it into you lungs and stomach and then exhale through your mouth. I then do a body scan thinking about each body part. There are several types of meditation and each is known to work on different regions of the brain. I tend to use a guided meditation for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes before bed. I am guilty of letting life get in the way some days but can feel when I don't meditate.

There are tons on Google just put in free guided meditation. Here is a link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svzll1ywBkk

Your mind is like your bicep. You need to work out and train it to get the results you want. I believe meditation is the best way to strengthen it.

Try a book called Mindfulness for Beginners by Jon Kabat Zinn. I found it wonderfully inspiring. I have many other book suggestions if you are interested. I think you will find all this helps your anger management program too.

Good luck.
Thanks ,I will sure give that a good effort .

It looks like it might just help with sleep ,Im sure tired of taking drugs and rotating them all the time 4 days a week ,when I work full time job .

In a rare moment of complaining ,my Job is killing me ,From lack of sleep -if nothing else .