View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
jdooner

Karate, the process of meditation is to train your mind to quiet your thoughts. The simplest form of meditation is to focus on your breath. Take a deep breath in through your nose, follow it into you lungs and stomach and then exhale through your mouth. I then do a body scan thinking about each body part. There are several types of meditation and each is known to work on different regions of the brain. I tend to use a guided meditation for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes before bed. I am guilty of letting life get in the way some days but can feel when I don't meditate.

There are tons on Google just put in free guided meditation. Here is a link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svzll1ywBkk

Your mind is like your bicep. You need to work out and train it to get the results you want. I believe meditation is the best way to strengthen it.

Try a book called Mindfulness for Beginners by Jon Kabat Zinn. I found it wonderfully inspiring. I have many other book suggestions if you are interested. I think you will find all this helps your anger management program too.

Good luck.