Old 05-09-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
PlasticInsanity

First off, you have an excellent sponsor.

I know I don't have IS, but I'll go with "crazy hypocrite" - I'm always seeking approval from others for what I think I DO deserve, and then when I get a genuine compliment I have a really hard time believing it. Funny, even when I think I do deserve it, I would rather talk about my "good work" in a logical sense - not have all of the focus on me. Otherwise, I think everyone else will think I'm on a pedestal.

I also have a bad habit of trying to be my ideal version of the perfect _________. Example, I'm a customer service rep for employment, so I'm always trying to fit the mold of what I think the perfect rep should be - happy, polite, honest, etc. I'm also a chair person at my NA meetings, so I'm always trying to be the "perfect NA chairperson".

I'm wondering if you've tried talking to a professional in regards to these issues?

Also, to be perfectly honest - if you weren't qualified, they would've let you go awhile ago. If you've been there for 2 years you're doing something right. When was your last review?