Thread: Hi, I'm new!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnthediver View Post
Hello Everyone- Well, looks like i'm back here again. I managed to control my drinking for a good few months where i didnt touch a drop, things were good, no hangovers, no feeling rough. Then i thought that a glass of wine with my partner on a night out or a celebration was no issue. That turned to us going out more and therefore drinking more, which then went to getting drinks to have at home while we had dinner, which went to going to the bar on the way home from work, then from the bar to the supermarket on the way home, to the point where everything spun out of control and before i knew it i was back where i was nearly 2 years ago. I'm on day 5 again today, things are a little tough, i went back through this thread and its like a mirror, i know exactly how hard the next month, and following months are going to be, so i came back here for a little moral support if any one has any spare!!!
I think that everything can seem fine so the forever addicted brain cells start telling us "go ahead.. It's ok, have a drink.." But the truth is it's never the same. Once a pickle.... Unfortunately. I'm almost at a month and I'm so deeply motivated to keep going by the truth of some sort of permanent change that occurs very slowly and sneakily.. You can do this! Know it will be challenging at times and have a plan.