View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 01:04 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
LonelyShadow

Originally Posted by tornrealization View Post

I feel like sobriety and recovery are a long way to go. I went to class tonight and driving home, for no particular reason I thought, I could stop and have a beer! 1, I don't like bars. 2, I don't like beer 3, That was not a behavior of mine in the past. Where did this thought come from?
I know how you feel Torn, I keep having dreams where I'm drinking whiskey. I've never ever drank whiskey I couldn't stand the stuff yet in the dreams I'm chugging it down! Where does it come from?! (Oh and I wasn't at all undermined or belittled I was just trying to reassure I also know that every post anyone writes on here is always written with the best intentions and support at the forethought, you were right to post how you felt)

A lad who went to the School for troubled children got in touch again yesterday, he said he was doing really well and again thanked me for my work with him, it makes things seem worthwhile to get a message like that. However, I am disturbed by how often I'm having violent nightmares relating to the school and the particular incidents that caused me to break down and leave the place. I'm going to look into therapy of some sort when I have a little more time, at the moment I'm working two jobs, one of which is unpaid and starting the CYQ course soon as well. Under a bit of pressure I guess but absolutely loving life and cannot believe I'm 84 days sober, it's all thanks to you guys!

The only issue I see at the moment is my father, he's drinking again and I just havn't the energy to confront him on it this time. It might be time I simply left him to it, I have my own battles to fight.

Hope everyone is strong out there, keep your shields up my friends and keep moving forward, one step at a time.