View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lotusangel

Garden Mama, I do hope this is really a turning point point for your daughter for the better. It is so hard to let go. I can only imagine how hard it is to know that your child is living in the streets. That is my biggest fear. My 23 yo son does not live at home, and I don't think I could ever allow him back in our home, but he does live in a condo we own. I fear having to ask him to leave if things ever become bad enough. He recently had a relapsed so we sat down and talked. I'm at the point right now that I don't know how else to help him. Recovery has to be his decision. I know I can't force him into any program because it won't work if he doesn't want it to. I told him to seek a program or a combination of programs if that's what he thinks it's going to work. I kind of have decided in my mind that if he ever has to leave because it's just not working out, I would not allow him to come back to the condo. He would have to find a different place to stay. Going in circles can just be so tiring. I wish you all the luck and will pray that your daughter is safe.