View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MyJoey

Need some feed back/ advice

Really need some advice here. My 22 year old son was sitting in our driveway this morning after a week ++ long binge on Heroin. Sunday night when we discovered he was using we put him out and told him when you are ready to live and be clean you can come home. Putting him out was HUGE for us, we have never made him leave. He has been in rehab 3 times starting at age 17 and had about 8 months clean this last time.The last rehab he found and put himself in. The first ones were forced because he was under age. My question is what do I do now. When he came in I took his car keys, wallet, phone and made him strip down to his underwear. My reason for doing this is, he is not bringing drugs in my house. I didn't find anything which is good, except a needle and empty bag which he gave me. However do I just sit back now and watch or do I treat him like he's 10 and tell him go to the meetings, do this, do that. Do I keep his phone so he don't call a dealer or do I just give it back and hope he does the right thing. I have drug tests and he knows I test him when I think something is up. Just not sure how to handle it now.....It was a real shock to us he was using and a huge shock to him when we made him leave, he couldn't believe it and just kept saying what should I do, where will I go? So I hope this is a wake up call for him that we won't let him stay here if he uses. However, I am sure he also still had some when he was kicked out. Need some feed back here please of how others have handled this?