View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Congratulations on 3 months lulu! You sound firm in your resolve, comfortable, and happy. My counselor uses similar words, suggesting that when I am craving to tell myself, "We aren't doing that today". Sounds small, but it's been working.

Ladybug, I am soooo happy for you, such wonderful news. I know this has been quite a journey for you and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I also admire you for staying here with us during your pregnancy!

Drink, all I can say is just try to go back in your mind and remember why you quit in the first place. 75 days is wonderful! Going back to drinking is never, ever worth it. I've done it and each time was a complete waste and I regretted it beyond belief. Keep reaching out and stay strong. And remember that the craving will pass, ride it out. You'll be glad you did.

Day 12 for me, yippee! I feel good, look better already and I'm getting back into jogging and working out. My emotions are a little more stable, being sober allows me to just feel them and not act on them or be overly dramatic. I will need to postpone my counseling session this week because of finances and scheduling, I'm kind of bummed about that. I do have cravings but I know if I drink, I'm not moving forward in any way. And I want to. I was stuck drinking for years, then stuck in the back and forth of drinking and sobriety for 2 years. It was better than drinking and I learned a lot, but I really want to be done with that and just be a sober person for good.