View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
tornrealization
01-14-2019

Lulu - Congratulations on the 3 months of sobriety. I liked how you explained the way you did it this time was that drinking was off the table in the back of your mind. That you mean it this time. I still struggle with this concept. So I guess I'm stuck on - one day at a time - don't drink today.

Drink - Despite the frustration you are going through - please acknowledge that 75 days is a great achievement. Congratulations! Day 76 is just around the corner.

LB2 - I'm glad that you're getting good news so far with the new baby. I really hope it continues so you can worry less and get ready for the new little one.

I meet with an old coworker today. My job that was 6 years long had a very negative person who crushed my self esteem and really took me for a ride. This person wasn't even my boss but went through people and people were fired or just tormented. I had lots of counseling to recognize the bullying, cope with it and recover from it after I finally left the job (abruptly - not gracefully)

I had always suspected this person had a rough home life and this behavior was a result of this. So it's been five years and my coworker was next on the target list after I left. With help of her Union she avoided getting fired. About two years latter, the bully found a new life partner and married. He became pleasant and caring at work. A complete 180 said my co-worker. I said, I'm thankful to hear that is what happening versus the evilness I envisioned was still going on. I mean job losses were at 4 people from the hands of one.

They miss my work - I did an awesome job. I think I'm going to use the news update as a way to forgive this person. I felt they weren't always evil - I saw moments of good. I'm relieved.

My coworker however had very sad news that her marriage fell apart. I thought they were strong. She must've needed to talk because we talked about it nearly the whole time. I felt that she needed this. She needed share time.

Very humbling tonight. The bully guy also is going through some cancer and has lived through treatments most people don't. It's like the last two years just wrecked up the people in the old place. It wasn't all bad news. I just thought and I'm fighting a silly self inflicting addiction problem. Ugh.

It was a lovely dinner and I plan on seeing her more often now that I feel comfortable doing so. I just didn't want to deal with old work for a long time after the damage.

Ok - time for homework then bed.