View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GardenMama

Feeling Weak and Worried

My AD and her ADBF are headed back to our state after nearly a year of wandering around, trying to settle somewhere, hitchhiking, using, sleeping in bushes, working odd jobs. She's been encouraged to come "home" by both her sister and me, mostly because we are so afraid when she's out on the road...we miss her and love her so much.

I am writing because I know I need a plan when they are back in town. Here is what I know: they can't stay at our house, they have no money and I won't give them any; they will likely be homeless; they are using, but say they want recovery; I have made connections with methadone/suboxone clinics and learned about associated out-patient programs; I want them to embrace this; I want them to stop running; I am worried. It is so painful being the mom of an addict. I know I am not in control of her choices or her life. But still, I am scared and sad.

I don't know what I am asking for, friends, I just needed a place to share this, and SR has been there for me in many other low moments.

Thanks.